We are working to make the world a better place for women, children and families. As such, UP-STAND organizes, participates in, and promotes local community events and worldwide health and wellness initiatives.
January 2016: UP-STAND and Bergen County Doulas collected and donated over 2,100 gently used women's and children's items to the Women's Support Center.
- April 2016: UP-STAND and Sugarsnap Baking partnered to co-host open play at Raising Astoria, a community and education center. UP-STAND awareness pins were given to all attendees.
- May/June 2016: UP-STAND engaged in a social media campaign on behalf of Moms In Training Astoria to increase awareness and funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, donated pins to all racers, and encouraged fans to attend the culminating race to cheer on the team's eighteen participants in Central Park. MIT's 2,100 moms raised over $2.7 million for the mission of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. #momsunite
- July 2016: UP-STAND organized the raffle portion of the first annual MOMpreneurs' Show & Tell community event in Astoria Park, an event featuring local mom-owned and run businesses. We collected twenty-four raffle items to promote the event and showcase resources available to families in the area, each valued at up to $750.00. All proceeds were put toward covering the cost of running the event.
- October 2016: UP-STAND hosted a clean up event alongside the Partnership for Parks, NYC Parks, Friends of Athens Square Park, and the Queens Clean Up Crew. Over thirty volunteers collected more than thirty bags of trash, leaves, weeds and brush, and planted flowerbeds for the spring at Athens Square Park and Playground. Volunteers also received free UP - STAND pins.
- October 2016: UP-STAND and The Learning Advocate co-sponsored and staffed the Teal Pumpkin Project's allergy-free table at the 5th Annual Trick-or-Treat in order to make the event accessible to all families!
- November 2016: UP-STAND and the Partnership for Parks, Queens Clean Up Crew, New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, Friends of Athens Square Park, Taiwan Union Christian Church, and the American Red Cross Club from Francis Lewis High School came together to make Athens Square Park a healthier, safer space for our residents and families. Over 45 volunteers collected more than 48 bags of leaves and trash and laid mulch for the winter. Volunteers received free UP - STAND pins.
- March 2017: UP-STAND Founder/CEO Christine was honored to participate in a panel discussion for Girl Scouts working toward obtaining Bronze Awards. Bronze Awards are earned by Girl Scouts who identify community problems and create and execute outstanding solutions.
- April 2017: UP-STAND worked with Connection Church to make their Sixth Annual Astoria Easter Egg Hunt, serving 4,000 families in two locations, accessible; they accommodated families with private breastfeeding/pumping tents, diaper changing stations, wheelchair/stroller access and stroller parking, and a priority rest area.
- June 11, 2017: UP-STAND will co-host the second annual MOMpreneurs' Show & Tell community event in Astoria Park, an event featuring local mom-owned and run businesses.